Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blue Glass Inspired

I really loved the soft blues and greens in this picture for Beate's inspiration challenge this week. I immediately picked out some embellishments and thought the card would come together in a snap.

Boy, was I wrong! For some reason this card gave me fits. I tried several variations of it last night, all of which ended up in the trash.

I set it aside and figured I would sleep on my ideas. Well, tonight nothing had changed. I tried and tried and just got sick of fiddling with it, so this is what I finally ended up with. Sorry, Beate. I love you, but this challenge almost killed me!

Stamps: Friendship Blooms
Paper: Chocolate Chip, PTI Aqua Mist
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots, Primas, brad (Oriental Trading Co.), scallop border punch, satin ribbon (PTI), sheer ribbon (Dollar Tree)

11 comments:

Shelly Koskinen said...

You did a great job! Your card is beautiful!

Beate said...

Ann, noone would know you had a hard time! Your card looks wonderful!
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Love that simple style! Looks great. And the colour combo works for me, too.

Chris xx

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful card!

Sandie said...

The colour combo is great. Love the card :)

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful!

LORi said...

I had to come and peek at your blog. You left a comment on mine. Thanks!!

Beautiful Inspiration Card!! Super Nice Blog!! I will be back!!

Carolyn King said...

very pretty--love the different blues together!

Anonymous said...

Nice job Anne on Beates, color challenge...and thank you for visiting my blog too! ~Donna

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous card...

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty, Ann! I love the colors, flower, and embossing!