Saturday, December 1, 2012

For the Birthday Girl

Hey there!  Sorry the blog's been so quiet...life has gotten in the way again. However, I've been busy crafting away for the Christmas season, so I hope to have at least a few posts to share with you this month.

Today I wanted to show you an easy, inexpensive, & personalized gift. 

Here's what you need:
large wooden letter (I got mine at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon)
pictures printed off your computer (I used regular printer paper)
acrylic paint
brayer
Mod Podge glue (I used matte finish)
brush (I prefer the foam ones--cheap, easy to clean, & best of all, no brush strokes!)

1. Paint your letter with the acrylic paint. Let dry.
2. Trim pictures & decide on their placement BEFORE you begin using the Mod Podge.
3. Put a thin layer of Mod Podge on the letter & on the back of the picture. Glue picture down on letter.
4. Use a brayer to gently roll over each picture, making sure any air bubbles get removed.
5. When the pictures are dry, apply a thick layer of Mod Podge over the entire letter. And don't worry--Mod Podge dries completely clear!

That's it! In total, I spent less than $10 & about an hour of my time creating it. I gave it to my niece for her 14th birthday yesterday, and she LOVED it!

Hope you like it, too!

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

I bet she loved it...awesome giftie Ann!

Rose said...

Ann this is such a wonderful gift!!! :)

Anthonette said...

What a great idea, Ann.

LilNikki said...

Okai I am so going to steal this idea!!! Thank you lol ^_^