Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Too Sweet

Hi, everyone! I have been busy digging out of the HUGE blizzard we had yesterday. We had about 15 inches of snow with tons of drifting...opened the garage door this morning only to come face to face with a giant drift, & we've had to dig out the back deck several times so the dog could go out. We also briefly lost power a couple of times & had no cable or Internet this morning. We've had no school the past two days, & we're all wondering if they'll be school tomorrow...there's still many roads to be plowed, plus we're expecting -20's wind chills in the morning!


After all that shoveling, I'm exhausted, but I wanted to sit down & make a quick card for this week's Etsy Inspired challenge. The featured shop is called Too Cute Kawaii, & I chose these sweet doughnuts as my inspiration.



Here's what I came up with. I paper pieced the frosting on my little doughnut, then added the googly eyes to his face. My layout is based on cardabilities sketch #24.

Hope you like it!

Stamps: Sweet Kawaii (My Cute Stamps), Feelin' Fruity? (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Spring Rain, Pure Poppy, PTI kraft, SU pp
Ink: Adirondack Espresso
Accessories: Nestabilities Labels 4, PTI ribbon & blue button, green button (stash), googly eyes, dimensionals

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

yipes to all the s-n-o-w!!! CUTE card...love the googly eyes!

Karen B. said...

Adorable card! So glad that you stayed safe with all your snow.

B said...

Stay warm and safe! Such a cute card, love the little eyes!

Elise said...

Hey, dear! THIS is freakin' darling and sure chips the ice off of MY day! Gosh, I sure hope you don't have to go without electricity any longer! Stay warm - CRAFT & SNUGGLE! {Dr.'s orders!} heh heh

Bananastamper said...

Super cute and yummy! Here's to another snow day but minus the shovelling....

Angie Tieman said...

What a sweet card! Love how you used the doughnut inspiration piece!! STay safe and warm!

Anita Rex said...

Sooo cute! Stay safe in this snow! :>

de said...

This is adorable Ann! Can't wait to work with you this month on the EIC DT!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Jacquel said...

We have plenty of snow here too Ann! School's been out for 2 days now & I'm enjoying the down time!!!

Your card is adorable as always & I'm looking forward to playing with you this month on the Etsy Design Team!!!!!!

sherry czarnecki said...

I have to remember not to look at your blog after 9pm, you're making me want something sweet with that sweetie of a card !:)

Angi Barrs said...

Soooo adorable Ann. Love that little doughnut. :)

So glad you are guest designing with us at Etsy Inspired! And thank for joining in on the challenge this week. :)

Ruby said...

A lovely fun card! Thanks for playing along with us at EIC this week!

JoLynn said...

Mmmmm donuts....