Monday, October 13, 2008

Card-A-Licious #1

There's a brand new challenge blog starting today called Card-A-Licious. I tried out for their design team--I didn't make it--but I won't hold that against them! :)

The challenge this week was to make a Halloween card that included a "Halloween icon"--a witch, a pumpkin, etc. I chose to use a ghost, so I made one using a piece of Maya Road Sheer Paisley and some rhinestones. I also used my brand new Thickers (Thanks for enabling me, Karen!). The set I bought is glittery (of course), but I plan on going back to Hobby Lobby and buying more with my 40% off coupons this week.

Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, The Paper Studio dp
Accessories: Maya Road Sheer Paisley, Thickers Sprinkles, ribbon (Hobby Lobby), scallop edge punch, rhinestones (The Paper Studio)

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Ann. Love your scary ghost! ;) hugs, Sonia

Renee Lamb said...

Your card is absolutely adorable! I just LOVE it! I am soooooooooooo glad you tried out for the DT too. It was tough to narrow down. Your cards are amazing and I am so glad you will still play with us! I hope to see you play next week! :D

Davinie Fiero said...

What an awesome idea to use the paisley for a ghost! And it's sheer! Love that.
Thanks for playing along on our very first week! :)

Elena said...

This cute little guy is adorable! Love the idea with the Sheer Paisley. Sparkly BOO makes this card so much fun! Thank you for stopping at my blog and leaving nice comments!

Laura lok said...

great card love the background on it

Darlene said...

Great idea ... very cute!!

Lorraine said...

too cute! what a fabulous idea. love the glittery boo! great job!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awesome card! Love the ghost and your wonderful design.

Ashley Newell said...

What an adorable card! I love it!

Shannon said...

I like this card! I would've never thought to use a paisley...GREAT JOB!!

Deb Neerman said...

Ann, this card is soooo stinkin' cute I can't stand it!!!

LOVE the way you used rhinestones for the eyes and mouth; VERY creative and clever!

You rock. Totally.

~Hugs, Deb

Louise F NZ said...

Brilliant idea with the maya rd sheer, looks great!

Danielle Flanders said...

how cute! love your sheer ghost!!

Alecia Wolfford said...

SUPER cute card!!!

danni reid. said...

THAT is the cuuuuutest ghost! i l♥ve your card to bits!

Anonymous said...

Great card! Thanks for playing this week!!

Jess said...

This is great! What a cool thing--using a paisley for a ghost! Love it!!

Unknown said...

Super cute card! Just a note - I couldn't get your link to work - for the card challenge blog.

Sherry Wright said...

What fun projects, love your 2S4U card below as well! :0)

Shirley said...

Girl, you are on a roll! This is so spooooooky fun. The bling says it all!

Unknown said...

I just LOVE your card Ann!!!
Super cute ghost!!!
Thanks for playing along with us this week at Cardalicious!!!
**Jackie

cornellgj said...

what a creative idea to use the paisley sheer for your ghost! love it! :)

Jill