Saturday, August 23, 2008

I See a White Dog Looking at Me

This weekend is VSN over on Splitcoast. If you've never participated before, you should check it out. The hostesses post a new challenge every hour, and you have 45 minutes to create your card. This time the theme is VSN Book Club. Being an English teacher, I had to try at least a couple of the challenges!

For this challenge, we were asked to use the story Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? We had to use one of the animals in the book and its color. I chose to feature a white dog on my card, which gave me the chance to use two My Favorite Things sets that had yet to see ink. I decided on this poodle image, so I applied liquid applique, then used the heat gun to fluff up the fur. Since part of the challenge is making the card in 45 minutes or less, I had to heat it faster than I would've liked, but I think the fluffy effect looks okay. If I had more time, I would've let it dry for several hours or even overnight before using the heat gun. Oh, well, I still think it turned out pretty cute.

Stamps: Gone to the Dogs (MFT), Friends Furever (MFT)
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Berry Bliss dp (SU)
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: liquid applique, pearls

No comments: