Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Almost Wild Saffron Baroque

I love color. It's one of the first elements that inspires me to make a card. Yet for some reason, the color challenges on Splitcoast give me fits. Sometimes I don't have the inks I need, rarely do I have patterned paper in those colors, and--gasp!--I usually don't own any ribbon or other embellishments in the colors.

Today was no different. The combo was Almost Amethyst, Wild Wasabi, and So Saffron. The only ink I had was an Almost Amethyst marker. This limited my choices. At least I had a bit of dp and some ribbon that would work.
I feel okay about this card--nothing here to wow me. *sigh* Maybe next week...

Stamps: Baroque Motifs (SU), Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Paper: So Saffron, Almost Amethyst, Prints Pack dp
Ink: Almost Amethyst
Accessories: scallop punch, small oval punch, corner rounder punch, Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, ribbon (The Ribbon Retreat), dimensionals

2 comments:

Cris A said...

These colors are so pretty together. I love how you used them. Why don't I have any hardware yet?!

JoLynn said...

This looks awesome. I didn't look at the CC yet, but now I really want to! Beau-ti-ful!