Hey there! Sorry the blog's been so quiet...life has gotten in the way again. However, I've been busy crafting away for the Christmas season, so I hope to have at least a few posts to share with you this month.
Today I wanted to show you an easy, inexpensive, & personalized gift.
Here's what you need:
large wooden letter (I got mine at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon)
pictures printed off your computer (I used regular printer paper)
Mod Podge glue (I used matte finish)
brush (I prefer the foam ones--cheap, easy to clean, & best of all, no brush strokes!)
1. Paint your letter with the acrylic paint. Let dry.
2. Trim pictures & decide on their placement BEFORE you begin using the Mod Podge.
3. Put a thin layer of Mod Podge on the letter & on the back of the picture. Glue picture down on letter.
4. Use a brayer to gently roll over each picture, making sure any air bubbles get removed.
5. When the pictures are dry, apply a thick layer of Mod Podge over the entire letter. And don't worry--Mod Podge dries completely clear!
That's it! In total, I spent less than $10 & about an hour of my time creating it. I gave it to my niece for her 14th birthday yesterday, and she LOVED it!
Hope you like it, too!