Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pucker Up!

Happy Sunday! Hope your weekend is going well. Today is the last day of my spring break, & I'm sad at the thought of going back to work...BUT only 43 more school days 'til SUMMER!!! Woohoooooo!!!

Today's card was inspired by Tuesday Trigger: A Citrus Celebration over at the Moxie Fab World.

I immediately loved the bright green & the polka dots, but the word "citrus" is what really inspired my card...
I used some fun polka dotted paper from Jillibean Soup to paper piece these limes, then added the fun sentiment to finish it off. I used FTL133 as my sketch.

Hope you like it!

Stamps: Feelin' Fruity? (My Favorite Things)
Paper: YoYo Yellow, PTI white & kraft, Jillibean Soup pp
Ink: Adirondack Espresso
Accessories: Polka Dot Basics II Impression Plate (PTI), dimensionals

25 comments:

Jen W. said...

Super cute! Love that sentiment! :)

Karen B. said...

Cute Ann! The yellow touches make me smile.

Laurel said...

Too cute!

Maureen said...

oh, I need a jelly bean to go with this!! lol...LOVE the limes or lemons? teehee...hmmm...maybe I need a Corona!

JoLynn said...

Love it! I like the polka dotted patterned paper on top of the dot texture. Looks awesome!

Angie Tieman said...

Ooh, very citrusy and cute! Love that 'pucker up'! You always have the best sentiments!

Good luck going back tomorrow, going back last week was rough for me! At about Thursday I asked someone, "How many weeks have we been back since spring back?" I was devastated to hear it was our first week back! ha! We still have 10 more weeks, sigh...

Deanna said...

So cute!

Tiff said...

OMG!!! This is the cutest card ever! I am a sucker for citrus!

xiumaiyuki said...

I'm lovin' this!!! Those polka dots limes are just too adorable!!!

Danni said...

Fun card!!

Jay Gee said...

So cute and great interpretation of the inspiration photo.

Cat Tidwell said...

Cute creation!

Michele Gross said...

Super cute!! I just saw a quote...somewhere...fb or a blog...I forget, but your card totally made me think of it...When life gives you lemons, make lemonade and then find someone who's life gave them vodka and have a party! :D

Heather said...

Hee hee ... what happy little citrus slices! Cute!

Bananastamper said...

Too cute! Love the texture and the fun sentiment!

~amy~ said...

Such a fun take on the trigger!!!!!

StampinCathy said...

So cute. Love the colors, textures and the stamps.

Unknown said...

So darn CUTE!

(-: Heidi

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

I really like the little faces in the lemon slices...bright happy card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Ann! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you gave it a go! :)

Alanna Harris said...

fun card...great take on the trigger!

Courtney K said...

those limes are just the cutest!!

Becky Carafa said...

I love citrus, too! Cute card, love the piecing.

B said...

Oh how fun! Love the polka dotted fruit and the fun texture!

Ayana Posadas said...

This card is so adorable, Ann. I love that fun sentiment. Too Cute! :)