Wednesday, February 23, 2011

For the Birds

Hey, all! Happy hump day! I'm in the midst of another crazy week here. The musical is in less than 3 weeks, so I'm knee deep in rehearsals.

BUT I did squeeze out a bit of time to play along in the latest Embellish magazine color challenge...this time the focus is on birds.

I pulled out an old stamp set for this one, along with some unloved textured cardstock & this shade of blue which I rarely use, so this was a good challenge for me.

I used Tiff's Sketchy Sunday 008 as my layout.

Hope you like it!

Stamps: Birds Galore (Inkadinkado), Birthday Basics (PTI)
Paper: Close to Cocoa textured, Brocade Blue, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Adirondack Espresso, Brocade Blue
Accessories: SU Square Lattice embossing folder, SU ribbon

16 comments:

Deanna said...

So pretty!

Gladys said...

I love how simple and pretty the card is!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

beautiful card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love this stamp. It is perfect with your great sketch and colors.

claudia shadler said...

luv the card Ann! such a beautiful birdie stamp!

Hugs,
C :)

Courtney Baker said...

Great take on the challenge. Such a pretty bird!

Danni said...

Fabulous colors...great card!

Karen B. said...

Love love love your card, you are so fabulously good at clean and simple!

~amy~ said...

coolio..really love the colors!

Michele Gross said...

So pretty! Love that ribbon loop- great touch of texture!

Ren-Yi said...

Hello Ann! :D this little birdie is so cute! love your composition.

Tiff said...

Woweeeeeee! LOVE LOVE LOVE these colors and those images! Gorgeous card girlie!

Unknown said...

So elegant Ann! Really love it!

(-: Heidi

Charlene Austin said...

I very much like it!! Thanks for joining Embellish!

Mariana Grigsby said...

This card is fabulous! I love the texture! Thanks for playing along with us!

B said...

Super pretty and elegant! Love the colors!