Saturday, February 26, 2011

Etsy Inspired #128

This marks my last post as a guest designer for the Etsy Inspired Challenge. The month has flown by, but I've had tons of fun! I want to thank Ashley & all the EIC gals for welcoming me into their little group.

Onto our featured shop for this week...The Hidden Alphabet, where ordinary objects and architectural elements are turned into original, photographic art that resemble letters of the alphabet. It is a very cool shop, & their pieces are amazing! The artist is based in Illinois, so I've been lucky enough to see the work in person, & it is impressive! They are offering one winner an 8x10 personalized LOVE print!

Our sponsor for this challenge is Paper and Roses. They are offering one winner a prize pack that includes a set of 6 vintage gift tags, 6 paper posies, & a set of 8 flower gift tags.


I was immediately inspired by ALL of The Hidden Alphabet, but I ultimately came up with my project idea when I saw this letter A.
I've had one of those wooden letter A's for the longest time...I bought it on clearance with the intention of decorating it, then displaying it in my craft space. I never seemed to get around to actually doing it, though, so I took this opportunity to finally work on it.
And here's my final product. I kept it clean & simple, just like my card making style, & used some of my favorite things: glitter, butterflies, polka dots, turquoise & pink, & rhinestones.
Here's a close-up of a couple of the butterflies. Glitter & bling? YUM!

Be sure to check out the rest of the DT to see how they were inspired:

So, are you ready to play along? Head over to The Hidden Alphabet shop to gather inspiration. Then link up your finished creation to the Etsy Inspired blog. If you are posting your creation to an online gallery, please use the keyword EIC128. You have until noon on Fri., Mar. 4 to be eligible for the prizes.

Hope to see you playing along in my last week as guest designer!
 
Paper: PTI pp
Accessories: wooden letter (Michaels), white acrylic paint, Martha Stewart glitter & butterfly punches, PTI butterfly die, Kaisercraft rhinestones

14 comments:

de said...

Ann this is just amazing! I love it!

We've had a great time having you as a guest DT this month! Thanks for playing along with us!

Karen B. said...

Glitter and bling look great on your project!

Jacquel said...

Very cute Ann! It's been fun working with you this month!!!

Kerry said...

Love the glitter and sweet little butterflies! Thanks so much for joining the team this month!

Joy said...

this is so much fun, thanks for joining us for Feb!

Angi Barrs said...

I almost designed the letter "A" myself this week. LOL Love the sparkle and shine. Adorable. :)

Ruby said...

What a lovely idea to do the letter! So pretty with all of the sparkles too!

Elise said...

YOU must have been a tremendous boon the their cause - those Etsy folks were lucky to have YOU, Ann, the amazing one! This is fabulous! Love to think of it in your crafty space! It's PERFECT! xoxoxo!

Sherry Campbell said...

I love your project- great idea!

Angie Tieman said...

How cute AND shimmery! It worked out perfectly because YOUR name starts with an A! hee! hee!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOVe it! Love the glitter the most! What a fab way to add glam! And I love that letter--so block but modern! Those butterflies are super cute too--super super cute with the gems in the center:)

Thanks so much, Ann, for sharing your fabulous talent and creations with us this month! SOOOOOOO happy to have you on our team! You rock:)

kim c said...

very cute. thanks for linking up with paper issues.

B said...

How cool! Love the fun glittery letter A and the butterfies on the side!

Ayana Posadas said...

Ahh! SO pretty!
I love the letter "A"... because my name starts with an "A" too! :) And I loveee butterflies. This is so gorgeous!