Saturday, June 12, 2010

Friend. Good.

Hey, all! Hope your weekend is off to a rockin' start! It was so hot here yesterday, hubby & I backed out of going to the local festival...we went to a movie & the bookstore instead. Now we're getting ready to watch the World Cup, but I wanted to get this card posted first.

Finding this scrap of patterned paper in my stash is what inspired this summery card. I combined a well-loved set--PTI's Day at the Beach--with one that hadn't seen ink yet--SU's Smarty Pants.


Once again I've played along with several challenges:
FTL94
Stamp Something--Happy Somethings
Stampin' for the Weekend 40--Summer
Secret Crafter 87--Include a Quote

Hope you like it!

Stamps: Day at the Beach (PTI), Smarty Pants (SU)
Paper: Real Red, PTI white, October Afternoon pp

Ink: Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy

Accessories: Nestabilities circles & scalloped circles, dimensionals

21 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute, Ann!! Love the fun flip flops!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a fabulous card for summer! Great job with the sketch and the sentiment always makes me smile!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! Lovely colours and i like the sentiment.
I hope you have a lovely week-end and at the moment we are beating you in football :) Could change anytime..
Hugs xx
Pat

~*Joni said...

Ann this is adorable! I am a slipper girl (they call them flip flops here in the contiguous U.S.) so this card screams my name. Beautiful papers and that scrap paper of DP is perfect!! Have a great weekend, enjoy the WC!

StampinCathy said...

This is one adorable and colorful CAS card.

Laural-Lee said...

Both of those stamp sets are on my wish list! Love the summery feel of this fantabulous card Ann.

Karen B. said...

Fun and cute, amazing to hear that a scrap inspired your card.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Bright summer colors, very cool!

Becky Carafa said...

Love this! Perfect happy summery card!

~amy~ said...

You are definitely rockin' the challenges these days...lovin' your summery card!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great take on the sketch, love the flip flops.

Susan Raihala said...

So very cute! Love the two pairs of flip flops!

Irena said...

Very cute card, lovely idea :)

Elise said...

I LOVE that sentiment! Love how you used it here! Glad you and hubby had such a nice day! "Hubby, good, too!"

Dana Gustafson said...

LOL! Something about that sentiment makes me giggle! GReat summer card Ann!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

B said...

Oh how fun and summery! Love your fun colors! (And Go TEAM USA! Not that I really know how well they even fared.. haha!)

Angie Tieman said...

How cute! Love the pink and blue flip flops, and I've always wanted that sentiment, might have to break down and get that set!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful summercard. It sure makes me happy thinking about summer and sun.
Thank yo so much for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
Dorte aka dot-scrap

Anonymous said...

So darn cute! I do love my flip flops! :)

LeAnne said...

So cute---love the whole shebang!