Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Singin' (and Dancin') in the Rain

This week's movie for the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge is Singin' in the Rain, with an added challenge to use a water element on your card. (I used Water Dew Drops.)

Singin' in the Rain is my all-time favorite movie musical. I can remember seeing it as a very young girl (around age 5). I was already taking dance lessons by that time, and I just fell in love with the fabulous dance scenes with Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor, and Debbie Reynolds. I remember trying to reenact some of the dance moves. In fact, I remember singing and dancing in the rain while delivering the newspapers on my paper route (around age 10).

So why does my card feature a butterfly? Because when I'm dancing, I feel like I'm flying. Dancing gives me a joy that not many other things on this earth do. This weekend my school is presenting their annual musical, which I choreograph. That means long hours and low pay, but I don't care. I love every minute of it!

I love this sentiment, too: "Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance." I really do dance almost everyday. My husband often chuckles because I've been known to dance in the kitchen while dinner's cooking. I just can't stop dancing, dancing, dancing...I'm a dancing machine!

Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve)
Paper: PTI white, DCWV winter glitter stack

Ink: Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Nestabilities butterflies, Water Dew Drops (Robin's Nest)

25 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a nice story to accompany your card. Our local high school is having their musical debut this week and they just happen to be doing "Singing in the Rain".

Leah said...

Great card! I love to dance too, use to do performing and such for years...then my kids came along *lol*

Laurie said...

Thank you for posting this -- I think I would like to try it!

~*Joni said...

Annie! No wonder I love you so much, we're both artsy geeks! teehee! :D I love this card that you created, I completely understand the feeling of flight. {I too choreographed (moons ago, but DS' choir teacher may recruit me for their spring concert) and spent time on theater stage.} Back to your card (sorry!) I love everything about it, what wonderful Homage to Singing In the Rain with your happy blues and dew drops.

~amy~ said...

What a magnificent card and love your story that went along with it...

Lyn S said...

Nice and simple, perfect sentiment for the theme too!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Very pretty card, Ann! Sweet and simple, love the butterfly!

Cheryl Walker said...

Very very pretty!!!! Love the clean look to this card!! :)

Jacquel said...

Gorgeous card gf and that butterfly is soo pretty!!

Unknown said...

very nice, simple and elegant.

Shirley said...

A really feminine and lovely card! Love those dew drops too!

scramptastic said...

what a great card

Tasha said...

Beutiful
love tasha xx

Elena said...

Oh, I love the sentiment! Beautiful butterfly!
I loved to dance under the rain when I was small!

StampinCathy said...

Very pretty card and great story.

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Lovely card! Simple and elegant.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is absolutely awesome. Great interpretation of the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge. You are so creative with challenges!

Christine Riley said...

Very pretty, love your interpretation! I love that movie too :)
Hugs, Christine

Heather N. said...

"Singing in the Rain" is also a favorite musical of mine. I love how your card is represented by the feelings you carry. Beautiful!

Carol Dunstan said...

simply beautiful!

Anthonette said...

Gorgeous butterfly, Ann! I didn't have time to participate this week. I was planning to also use some dew drops on my card.

B said...

So simple and so fun!

JoLynn said...

I, too, love Singin' In The Rain. They just don't make them like Gene Kelly anymore.

Break a leg this weekend. I've been in your shoes, and it's no small accomplishment. Celebrate!

Becky Carafa said...

Wow, this is stunning in it's simplicity! Love the blue and the dew drops!

Virginia Killmore said...

love the jewels in the middle