Thursday, December 4, 2008

Vintage Bird

Challenge #2 for my blogging group, Card Crazy Chicks, is Lauren's vintage challenge. I'm not a vintage girl at all, so this really was a challenge for me.

I used SU's Well-Worn Words on the background, then inked and distressed the edges. I added the tag (also inked and distressed), ribbon (the gingham was sponged with Chocolate Chip ink to age it a little), and this bird stamp from Inkadinkado. I added the hardware at the last minute because something seemed to be missing. Not entirely sure I like this one, but it's the best I can do with the limited vintage items I have in my stash.

Stamps: Well-Worn Words (SU), Birds Galore (Inkadinkado)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Naturals Ivory, Kraft tag
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: circle punch, ribbon (SU & Hobby Lobby), hardware (Oriental Trading Co.), distressing tool, sponge

21 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a perfect vintage design! Love your card and all the wonderful detailing. The hardware is the perfect addition.

Catherine said...

Ann this is gorgeous :)

Diane said...

Beautiful! thanks for visitng my blog.....and congrats for winning some blog candy, too! I loved all the other cards, too, the red and white ones are so striking....I love red and white for the holidays!

Virginia Killmore said...

So pretty Love the bird!

Angie Tieman said...

This is soooo pretty! You did great with the vintage challenge! Love the earthy feel too!

Pauline said...

You did really well, it's lovely :o)

Unknown said...

beautiful, love the image.

Susan said...

this is adorable! I love the rustic bg, especially! take good care and feel better

fishlips said...

This is just a perfect Vintage card...the papers the ribbon the eyelets are all just perfect...You really mastered this challenge to perfection!!!!

Marnie said...

Beautiful card!

Kerry said...

I never know what to do with 'vintage' either, but I think your card turned out beautifully!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

You did a great job with the vintage look. Love your card.

~amy~ said...

FABulous job on the vintage card...it's gorgeous!

Shirley said...

Very vintage Old World lovely!!!

Lyn S said...

It's lovely Ann! You did a great job with the vintage challenge!

Lauren said...

WOW, thats absolutely gorgeous!! thanx for joining in with CCC this week. xx

Elena said...

I think you did fabulous job with this challenge! Very beautiful vintage card!

Jacquel said...

Wow, you did a great job with this! looks lovely!!

Kathi said...

How pretty! Great job on the challenge.

Kathy said...

I really love this one. Fantastic! I love vintage. :)

Fiona said...

I think its gorgeous - I love vintage and this has just captured the mood. Isn't it funny how we sometimes look at our cards and think - I'm not sure - and yet others love them!