Sunday, September 21, 2008

You Made My Day

Normally, a sketch challenge allows me to quickly create a card. However, Beate's sketch this weekend gave me SO much trouble! I stared at it all night long. The only idea I had was to use one of the stamps from the Stem Sayings set as the butterfly's trail. Other than that, I was stumped. I could not pick a color scheme or any dp that I liked. I couldn't even decide which stamp from this set I wanted to use.

This morning I remembered that I needed a thank you card for a friend. That helped me choose the stamp, and since her favorite colors are brown and pink, the color scheme finally fell into place.

Stamps: Stem Sayings (SU)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, PTI white, Close to Cocoa dp, Berry Bliss dp
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Martha Stewart butterfly punch, scallop edge punch, ribbon (PTI), pearl

6 comments:

Shirley said...

What a beautiful card with the colors, design and that beautiful butterfly!

Beate said...

I am sorry this sketch gave you so much trouble. Your card turned out beautiful! Your friend will love it!
Hugs and smiles

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is beautiful!

Jami said...

Super sweet - I love the colors!!
hugs, Jami

Gina Lindsay said...

Such a beautiful card. You did a great job with the sketch.

Karen Kelly said...

Well, you should be able to predict my comments...I LOVE the color combo and that scalloped edge is fabulous!