Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to School

I'd been thinking about making something for my co-workers for a while now. We've been back at school for two weeks, and they could use a little treat. This morning I came across a "Back to School" challenge on Allison's blog, and it gave me the push I needed to actually make something instead of just thinking about it.

Here's what I came up with. I knew I wanted to use apples as part of my design, and then I came up with the idea to decorate some of those yummy caramel apple pops. I covered the sucker with Summer Picnic dp and added the apple image from the Tart & Tangy set. I took a bite out of the apple with my scallop punch. :) I also made a 3x3 card to go with it using some My Favorite Things stamps I bought a while ago but had never seen ink.

Just an FYI: Allison is giving away some blog candy this week, so why don't you stop by and give her a little love?

Stamps: Tart & Tangy (SU), Back to School (MFT)
Paper: Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White, Summer Picnic dp (SU)
Ink: Real Red, Basic Black, White Craft
Accessories: scallop punch, scallop circle punch, circle punches, white gel pen, ribbon (SU)

5 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Oh wow! I love that card with the MFT set (just brill on your part!). And that sucker would be perfect to slip in the kids' snacks (of course, it would start a ruckus at school so I better not!). Thanks for playing...great job!

SmilynStef said...

Aren't you clever with the bite out of the apple ... what great little pick-me-up gifts ... love them.

Karen Kelly said...

What adorable little gifts! Your co-workers have got to just LOVE you!

Catherine said...

that's a nice treat for your co-workers =)

Annapurna said...

This is super cute. Love how you did the blackboard.

Those orange stickles look so yummy, but I decided I won't do blog candies any more :-(