Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Vellum Cakes by Amanda

Here's my second card for this week's Dirty Dare '08. Again I combined two challenges: Laurie's vellum challenge and Jenn's inspiration challenge. If you look at Jenn's inspiration piece, you'll see immediately where I got my inspiration from.

I started with a Basic Black card base. Then I embossed the vellum using the Stylized Flowers folder and attached it with sugar-coated brads. I layered white flowers and added a black and white brad I picked up on my Wisconsin trip. I dug through my ribbons and found both a solid and a sheer green ribbon. I couldn't decide which to use, so I used them both. A card can never have too much ribbon, can it?

Stamps: none
Paper: Basic Black, white vellum
Ink: none
Accessories: Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers, flowers (Paperabilities), large brad (Kaiser), sugar-coated brads (Doodlebug), ribbon (The Paper Studio)

1 comment:

JoLynn said...

Embossed velllum. Lovely! I have had that Cuttlebug folder in my hands three times at HL. Each time, I talk myself out of it... then I see a cute card, and kick myself. My butt should be black and blue by now.